Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Seize the day

After these many years on earth, I learnt something important, and that is to seize every moment. Savour it. Enjoy it. This is a tough lesson learnt, I swear. Carpe diem, or seize the day, after translation, has always been my motto of my life. Yet, I seldom apply it in my life.

After coming to University, I learnt that the best years of my life aid in my high school years. Those were the years when I was the happiest. Yes, there is no denying that there are downs. But however, the ups during my high school years were genuine ups. Those were the real happiness. The real laughters, the real fun.

It's when I started my uni years that I learnt to fake a laughter, fake a smile. Some people say that this is important, but I digress. It's not what I'm meant to do. However, as I progess onto the stepping stone into society, I felt myself letting go of my real indidual self. I lost the real me, and in place, I faked a Raymond there. As i learnt in psychology last time, this is one of the defense mechanism of men.

However, I guess it's time to stop faking. It's time for me to be who I really am. I have a goal, a mission to accomplish. It's high time that I fulfill it. I still need a lot of time trying to fit into this new society here in Perth. But mark my words. Once day I succeed. I shall be famous and I shall be glad with what I have.

At times I'm alone, but I need to know that I'm actually not alone. I have true friends, but just not next to me now. I have family too, but yet also not next to me now. But I know one sure thing. I have God with me all the while. His joy shall me my strength of which I will strife on.

No comments: