Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 22, 2009

40 hour famine aftermath

After an agonizing 40 hours, I've finally finished my mission! Yay! 40 hours of no solid food was seriously tough! Just imagine the torture when you can't eat while you look at others enjoy their food. Oh gosh! I never knew 40 hours could mean 40 thousand years! I just broke fast with my cell members. We ate KFC. Haha. I know. It's a little ironic. But hey! 40 hours is no easy feat!

Hm.. What did I learn from this experience? Well.. I can still be a little energetic after fasting for about 24 hours. Haha. I managed to walk back home from my cell leaders house after 24 hours of fasting, which was about 600m away. Not too bad hey!

Lee Mun also joined me in this incredible feat of 40 hours of fasting. Not too bad for spiritual growth I guess. I hope that we will grow moer spiritually.. On a lighter note, I'M GONNA HAVE STEAMBOAT TONIGHT WITH MY CELL MEMBERS! YAY!

Oh yea. I've learnt something today too. Calling everyone to go to a certain place doesn't mean that you will get invited to go for outings with those people in the future. I've learnt this the hard way. Anyhow, I won't be asking them out anymore, I guess. But somewhere deep within me, I know I shouldn't do that. What happened to my life motto that goes "Do unto people what you want people to do unto you" Sigh.

I guess under some circumstances, it would be hard to stick to my motto. But I guess I should try to stick to it. It would be hard though. Give me strength God...

I seldom (or should I say never) encountered these kind of problems in Malaysia. Sigh. Why people in Perth are so self-centered? Not all in general. But SOME. I hope you don't take this the wrong way >.<

No comments: