Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thankful

I'm now 19 years old. I'm starting to feel thankful to my parents. Sigh. I was such an annoying kid when I was younger...

I still remember fighting with my parents when I was younger. They kinda forced me to take piano and violin. Now, I'm very thankful that they forced me to take those because I rely on those instruments at times to release stress.

And yet again, my parents forced me to learn Mandarin. Gosh. I still remember those days. I hated Mandarin with a vengeance (and still kinda do xD)! But now, I can speak Mandarin people who can't really speak English well. And yeah. I won't be left out in conversations. Haha.

I'm really thankful that I have my parents. I don't know why but I really feel that way now. Maybe it's because it's late at night and I just kinda noticed it today.

It's because just now, we went to Northbridge to eat. I was seated at this table of around 8 people. Only 1 person in this table doesn't know Mandarin at all (Another one knows a little). And so, the others (sometimes including me, when I'm not talking to the banana) were speaking in Mandarin. Thus, leaving the odd one out. Which makes me glad that I know Mandarin.

I want to do more. This is my current goal.

No comments: