Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 4, 2009

Uni life is tough

It's Friday (Technically Thursday night =D)!!!!! Today signifies the last day of the 7th week of University for the 2nd semester!!! I hereby declare that Uni SUCKS!

I just read a small yet touching story. This is just a summary =D

There was this young girl who just moved into a very very old flat. As she was young and poor, she couldn't really afford a nice flat. Her neighbours were very poor people too. So there was this one night where electricity was cut. There wasn't any light at all. Luckily for this girl she has candles to light. Suddenly, there was a knock on her door. After opening the door, she saw the little girl staying next door to her. They must be begging for candles! They are so poor that they can't even afford candles! I shan't give them any candles if she begs me for it! She thought.

"Do you have any candles?", asked the little girl.
"I'm sorry but I don't have any, little one," answered the young girl.
The little girl's face lit up with glee and said "My mom told me that you're staying all alone by yourself and you might not have any candles! I've brought over two candles for you to use!"

Upon hearing that, the young girl just broke into tears. Here was a little girl who is living a minimal life but yet still willing to give things to people in need.

This is what the world needs. This is what I will strife to do.

No comments: