Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Parents Love

In Australia, tomorrow is Father's Day. I went to my church service today. The pastor talked about a father's love. As he preached, I think back to my parents. I think this is the first time in Perth that I miss my parents. Sigh.

Thinking back, I squabble a lot with my parents. But the more I think about it, the more I noticed that my parents changed a lot. I think they really do love me.

I remember there was a time last time whenever I call my dad, I would get pissed off a little. It's because he was working, most probably having an appointment with his client, and he just told me to call him back in an irritated voice. But after a few years (I totally forgot how many years later), he changed. He took his time to answer me and in a polite tone too.

When I was younger I remember there was once I stole money from my dad. One day, he found out. And oh boy. Was both of my parents angry at me. It was a Saturday, I still remember. They found out in the morning. In the evening, my dad and I went to the night market. On the way there, my dad hugged me and said "Don't do this anymore, I still love you". Till this day, I remember those words and the warm fuzzy feeling that accompanied it.

Now, I'm in Perth. My family is not the really rich kind of family. We have enough money just to get through our lives. But with me here in Perth studying for 4 years, I'm going to use up all of the family savings. I feel really bad. My parents back in Malaysia cut down on a lot of luxuries. By those actions, I think they really love me.

The first day I was back in Malaysia for my winter break, I was fetched by my dad from the airport. He took the time from his tight schedule to fetch me. Sigh. And then I called my mom who was working. She told me to look into the oven when I'm home. After reaching home, my dog greeted me happily. I was so glad. Needless to say, I ran towards the oven after reaching home. There was a cake waiting for me there! Chocolate cake too! YUMMY!

I love my parents a lot now. And today, I miss them. I pray that they will have good health. For this Christmas, I think I'm going to buy something back for my parents and attach a note saying how grateful I am to them. It's high time I show my gratefulness and love back to my parents.

Mom, Dad I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Adrian said...

You should pretty much know by now. Don't just think!

My boy's all grown up *sniff*

Lavenne_YLinG said...

touched....
take care~~