Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Same old, same old

Well, I have been working for 5 days. After working for these few days, I have came up to a very very important revelation...

I DO NOT WANT TO BE A CIVIL ENGINEER

I want to work in a white collar job. I'm not saying that blue collar jobs are bad. No. We still need them for our economy. But that is not the job that I would want. At this stage of life, I'm doubting even my choice of taking Mechanical Engineering. Is engineering what I really want? Do I want to work in factories? What do I really want?

Soon, it'll be the end of 2009. You know what that means. Yup. Nostalgic flashbacks to the seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks and months passed by in year 2009.

I guess I'll just start ranting a bit about my thoughts on year 2009.

Well, 2009 has been a year FULL of changes. It's a year that I learnt a lot of things of the society. My eyes have been constantly opened to both the good side and the bad side of the society. I've gotten to know loads of people all around the world. I have traveled on so many planes this year too. And learnt that AirAsia is better than TigerAirways, in my opinion.

2009 marks a year where I enter University in a foreign land which I don't really know the history nor the geography of the land, let alone set foot before on that particular foreign land, AKA Australia.

2009 marks a year where I have been faced with a lot of challenges and have fell down a lot of times. Most of the times, I have just fell and sat there crying (Well, literally). I probably would have just sat there for the rest of my life if I don't have friends. I thank God for friends and for my Church in Perth. If I don't have the support of friends, I think I won't be here writing this post today.

I'm, by nature, a very emo person. I never knew I could get how emo until I went to Perth, and consequently came to Singapore for a temporary job. I guess 2009 is a year full of strong emotions. It opened my emotions bank and I don't think it would close anytime soon yet.

2009, too, marks a year whereby I've became more independent. And learnt that my parents are very protective of me. I guess it's due to the fact that I'm their only child. But I think I've let them down. There is something that they still don't know, and most of my friends don't know although the fact is straight right in front of face. And this thing that they don't know will hurt them a lot. I'm not sure when I would tell them. But I'll save this for another time. Back to the topic of being independent. I learnt to cook, I learnt to do my own laundry, I learnt to tidy up my room, I learnt to fix up furnitures. That is quite a feat for me I guess xD

Oh well. I have to go out now. To be continued...

No comments: