Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 11, 2010

What if?

Life is full of what if(s). I find myself constantly asking myself. What if I did that? What if I told him that? What if I went to the states? What if I told her I loved her? What if I have continued on in the gangster group? What if I took drugs? What if I studied hard?

What leads on to what if questions? Regrets. And why do I have regrets? Because of choices I have made and the inability to see into the future. This reminds me of a poem which I think I have posted before in my blog. It's one of my favourite poem of all time. The road less travelled by Robert Frost.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference



This is absolutely one of the best poem of all time. I am telling this with a sigh now. I take the road less traveled. Always. Since young. I went into Primary School, Secondary School, College and University without knowing many people beforehand. I just thrust myself into a world that I am unfamiliar with and I try to be resilient.

Is this a mistake? Is this why I always ask what if this and what if that?

People always tell me not to look into the past. If I look into the past, I would only see things that I missed and not look at things that I have obtained. Well, I can't help looking into the past. It's only when I see the things that I didn't achieved that I would appreciate the things that I have manage to do.

Life still goes on ayway

2 comments:

KenNy Michael Moses said...

Brother, I like the poem & the words you were sharing =)The poem by Robert Frost, entitled, Road Not Taken is so inspiring~ I still remeber, it is one of the poem we need to study during form 4 1119 English's literature component. TQ & please be happy & never regret with the decision you had made. Just walk with your confidence & prayers offer to Christ =) You're in my prayers~

I am Kenny Moses.

eJ said...

Hey Ray! EeJane here. Been a while since I visit your blog.

I kind of understand how you feel, being the "odd one" and living in the pool of strangers and foreigners. I'm experiencing the same thing. It's fun and adventurous in a way...but I have my "what-if(s)" moments too. I guess we will never know how things will turn out if we chose the other road, because we already make our choice back then.

Choices and Decisions is part of life. There's definitely more to come. As long as at that moment of time, you think it's right, go ahead!

Be Smiley! life is full of surprises. =)

eJ x