Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 6, 2010

In times of exam

Now is the exam season! ! Deck the halls with boughs of textbooks, fah la la la la la la la la. And like a normal student, I'm under quite a lot of stress during exams. Why? Because:
1. I skip classes
2. I never do assignments
3. I never have the motivation to study until 1 day before the exam.

Thus, you can see how gg-fied is my life aye. But thank God, I have a few places to draw strength from.

1. FACEBOOK! Yea. It's the best place to destress, and, of course, to waste time. Haha. I seriously don't know what I'm doing on facebook apart from playing Bejeweled Blitz everyday to kill time. Sigh. I should quit it hey.

2. Music. I love music. Although I sound like a toad with sore throat croaking when I sing, I still love to sing. Singing is my passion, albeit I'm not that good at it. Haha.

3. Iphone games. IPhone is one of the best (or is it the worst?) investment that I have ever made. It's so fun! There are just so many games that I got (illegally, I might add =D) on my phone that could keep me occupied for days!

4. Sleep. A few years back, I would think that sleeping is a waste of time. And I still do. But then again, my body doesn't agree with me. I tend to sleep a lot now. I blame the cold-ish weather here in Perth. It makes me want to hibernate.

5. Energy drinks and coffee! Where would I be if they don't exist? IN BED SLEEPING MY ARSE OFF! But then again, if I had too much caffeine, I would be too hyper and keep playing games instead of studying. Which is, another sad sad case. Reminds me of Form 5 SPM. I drank coffee to study sejarah. But in the end, I stayed up the whole night playing games. And the next morning, I drove to school and took the exam. Got a B in the end. Oh well.

6. Photos, personal gifts and memories. I draw a lot of strength from these. Looking back at my life, I had many high and low points, of which I have the privilege of sharing it with many different friends. I look back at photos, I remember the times where we had fun, the times where we, too, mugged for exams, the times where we ate together, the times where we were sad because of leavings, the times where we were glad because we still could see each other during gatherings. I miss those times. It was great.

7. God. I think before most of my exams, I pray to calm myself down. When I'm just too anxious, I would even take the bible up and flip it to random verses to read, to draw strength from. I feel so much at peace after that.

I think I should be getting back to my studies. Wish me luck people.

No comments: