Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Asian Mentality

Being Asian sucks at time.

I was doing PROSH this year, which is a charity event where we have to dress up and head off somewhere in the early morning to sell a satirical newspaper to raise money for some foundations. Being the Asian that I am, I'm naturally shy. Gosh man. I didn't really dare to walk up to strangers and ask them whether they wanna get a copy of the newspaper. I had to muster all my courage and kept my thick skin on and ask strangers. It's so hard man.

Why must Asians be such introverts? Maybe I'm stereotyping Asians. But gosh man. It's so hard to just go up to a stranger, smile and talk. I need to work on that already. It's not like I'm going up to a stranger and asking him/her to buy a condom and have sex with me. Now that, would be awkward.

Another stupid Asian mentality comes during dinner. Oh gosh man. It's the last piece of chicken! I want it but I'm too Asian to grab the last piece! What if the others think I'm greedy? What if... what if... It gets on your nerve sometimes. If you want it, just take it man. But then again, I do it most of the time. SIGH....

But rest assured, I'm still proud of my Asian heritage.