Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Art of Kiasu-ness

Today I took my TOEFL test at UCSI. It was quite easy, I think. Hope to get good marks for my TOEFL la. It was really tiring taking TOEFL, but not half as tiring as SAT I. SAT was way much worse as the time frame was longer.

I arrived at the test center quite early. I forgot to bring my mp3 along (wtf...), thus I had to settle for my handphone games. Guess what I witnessed there? Yup. The art of kiasu-ness.

Number #1
Cram everything you can 1 second before you enter the examination hall.
Basically I was sitting outside waiting while playing my handphone games. All around I saw people studying, studying and studying. Everyone's faces were buried in their own books. Some to the extend of listening to tape recordings provided by the TOEFL testers (TESTERS, NOT TESTES... =)). How can you study English =.=

Number #2
Bring many pencils into the hall. By many, I mean 2 boxes!
So, I was seated at my seat waiting for people to enter (and waiting for money to drop from the sky). I saw a particular person taking in 2 boxes worth of 2B pencils. 2 BOXES! wth... In each box is 12 pencils, which means the person brought in a total of 24 (Did I do the maths correctly?) pencils into the examination hall.

Number #3
Keep raising your hands and ask questions which basically answered not long ago.
There was this annoying person who keeps raising his hand and asking questions. Bah! For God's sake! They were answered like just a few minutes ago. Oh yeah. I forgot. You have short term memory loss...

Number #4
Have your spouse keep calling you out from the examination hall and asking you this and that, and calling the examinors to your attention to ask 1 million questions.
There was a lady 'examinee' (new word here) who is married already, I think. Well, her husband was outside and both looked kind of worried. He kept calling her out and asking her this and that. Then he asked the examinor something which I didn't hear (I swear it wasn't condoms) and then the 3 of them kept talking together. Zzzz. What is there to ask....

I didn't know that I could learn the art of kiasuness by just going for a TOEFL test. Score one for ETS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And if it's a math test, bring about 3 calculators. Kiasu-ness XD